Just in case you missed the “Why Marketers Replace Martech” webinar earlier this week, here are 5 key takeaways for solution providers:
- Homegrown martech is replaced at nearly the same rate as commercial apps. Don’t rely on your competitor’s customers as prospects.
- Many people are involved in the decision to upgrade… some outside of the marketing department.
- The decision to replace martech was approved in less than six months more than ¾ of the time.
- Sales organizations that don’t have relationships prior to when the decision to replace is made may not be considered. Branding and product marketing are integral to the sales effort.
- Winning business may be a direct result of how well your sales organization creates relationships with all the client-side constituencies, some of whom may not be in the “marketing department.”
These conclusions and more based on results of original research we recently conducted.