Third Door Media is accepting applications for a Full Charge Bookkeeper & Staff Accountant position, which is described in more detail below.
If you have a passion for numbers and accuracy, we may just have the job for you. This is a full-time, salaried position, hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. In this position, you will be able and expected to work from your home office. Applicants must have US work rights/privileges. Instructions for applying are included after the job listing.
FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER & STAFF ACCOUNTANT
The Bookkeeper is a member of the Third Door Media finance team and is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day accounting functions, accruals, preparation of financial statements, and performing general accounting functions as required. This job requires extensive experience in Quickbooks, excellent Excel skills (e.g.,pivot tables) and experience with Docusign for Salesforce. Since all employees work from home, the ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of the aforementioned software systems and the ability to quickly become competent with other software systems is a must. This position reports to the AR/AP Manager.
Essential job duties may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including preparation of invoices, maintaining customer records, submitting invoices through various customer payment systems and collections.
- Maintain required business documents through DocuSign system and Google Drive.
- Accounts Payable, including creation of purchase orders, maintenance of vendor records, set up of invoices for payment and various payment systems customers use.
- Prepare and/or review all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts. This also involves reviewing for input accuracy and preparing monthly reports and journal entries, as needed.
- General ledger maintenance.
- Multiple Bank reconciliations for checking, depository, and credit card accounts.
- Sort and filter monthly PayPal activity and prepare the corresponding journal entries.
- Reconciliation of collections against eTouches registration system.
- Quarterly reconciliation of all Marketing Services and Advertising Revenue.
- Preparation of Event financial statements, including all Profit-Share elements with the necessary documentation.
- Profit share documentation for advertising and payments.
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll entries.
- Record PTO and tracking of vacation stipends.
- Commissions. This includes preparing notes for the commission report to be prepared and maintenance of the reporting function for those who are paid commissions on signing.
- Assist in preparation of Employee annual records in Google Drive, moving of permanent files, and creation of PTO timetables including carryover PTO.
- Perform other related duties as may be requested by the VP of Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Proficient in QuickBooks software or similar, a minimum of 3 years experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office- Outlook and Excel, in particular
- Proficiency with DocuSign for Salesforce. This will include creating templates and correcting documents in progress.
- Ability to understand various software solutions and gain expertise quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality and work independently.
Job Details And Candidate Information: This position is a full-time accounting opportunity. Candidates should be able to work independently and be productive from a home office. Some travel for coworking may be required. Experience covering financial reporting and software is highly desired. Salary depends on experience. Third Door Media offers full-time employees a 401(k) program and a generous paid time off policy and vacation stipend.
How To Apply
We will accept applications from qualified candidates via email. You can be formal and send a resume and cover letter if you want, or you can take the more casual route and just tell us what you think we should know about you. Either way, we’d like to know:
- Who you are and what you are doing now.
- Your background in accounting/finance.
- Why you think the position is a great fit for you.
- Why you think you are a great fit for us.
- Any additional or supporting information you would like us to know.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and be sure to put the name of the position (“Full Charge Bookkeeper & Staff Accountant”) as the subject of your email. We are not going to set a specific deadline for this, but we do want to bring a great accountant on board as soon as possible. So, if you’re interested, don’t delay. We look forward to hearing from you!