If you have journalism experience, love to write and are familiar with the marketing technology landscape, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
Third Door Media is accepting applications for a Marketing & Technology Reporter position, which is described in more detail below.
This is a full-time, salaried, telecommuting position. (You’ll be able and expected to work from your home office.) The successful candidate will understand that news happens around the clock; i.e., this is not always a 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday position. Applicants must have US work rights/privileges. Instructions for applying are included after the job listing.
Marketing & Technology Reporter
The Marketing & Technology Reporter is a member of the Third Door Media editorial team who researches and writes original news stories for Martech Today. The ideal candidate will be familiar with most aspects of the growing field of marketing technology — ABM, adtech, DMPs, DSPs, CRM, CSM, CDP, SaaS (in general), AI, machine learning, etc. — and be familiar with the range of platforms that brands and marketers use to execute sales and marketing campaigns. This position reports to the Editor-In-Chief.
Primary Job Duties:
- Research and write news stories and/or features as assigned by the Editor-In-Chief and News Editor(s). These will primarily be on marketing technology, but may include other topics relevant to digital marketing strategy as needed and able.
- Participate in daily discussions with the editorial team regarding story assignments.
- Participate in weekly discussions with the editorial team regarding story ideas and development.
- Promote stories to the marketing technology community through social channels.
- When available, travel to events to conduct interviews, research and/or writing assignments.
- Remain up-to-date and informed on news, information and trends related to marketing technology specifically, and digital marketing strategy in general.
- Any additional tasks deemed appropriate by the Editor-In-Chief.
Skills And Experience:
- Journalism/Communication background preferred.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing terminology and trends; marketing technology, specifically.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML skills.
- Graphics/image editing skills a plus (but not required).
Job Details And Candidate Information: This position is a full-time telecommute opportunity. Some travel may be required. Candidates should be able to work independently and be productive from a home office. Experience covering marketing technology beat (or digital marketing and/or technology beat) highly desired. Salary depends on experience. Third Door Media offers full-time employees a 401(k) program and a generous paid time off policy, and vacation stipend.
How To Apply
We’ll accept applications from qualified candidates via email. You can be formal and send a resumé and cover letter if you want, or you can take the more casual route and just tell us what you think we should know about you. Either way, we’d like to know:
- Who you are and what you’re doing now.
- Your background in journalism.
- Your background in writing (and samples, please).
- Why you think the position is a great fit for you.
- Why you think you’re a great fit for us.
- And so on.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and be sure to put the name of the position (“Martech Reporter”) as the subject of your email. We’re not going to set a specific deadline for this, but we do want to bring a great reporter on board as soon as possible. So, if you’re interested, don’t delay. We look forward to hearing from you!