The Event Content and Campaign Manager plays a critical role in helping the Third Door Media event marketing team reach its revenue and attendee goals. Reporting to the VP of eCommerce & Marketing, this position is responsible for communicating the benefits of attending our events through written and visual storytelling via all necessary channels and techniques including: email, websites, social media, online advertising, native advertising, video content and infographics. The successful candidate will have experience in digital and online marketing and be able to empathize and connect on a professional level with our potential and alumni conference attendees.
The Event Content and Campaign Manager will be integral to the marketing team achieving its revenue goals by attracting new event attendees and driving retention of existing attendees. Experience with marketing technologies is required as is the ability to analyze performance.
This position is remote with travel to our events required several times each year.
- Support overall event marketing goals of revenue/tickets sold
- Develop and deliver stories – value-based content marketing and campaigns that promote all all TDM events. This will include both the written word and use of video, graphics and other elements as needed
- Plan event promotional content calendars, schedules and planning efforts
- Work with the marketing operations team to analyze and optimize marketing automation and lead nurturing processes across email, content, and social channels.
- Provide content and copy for paid campaigns (PPC and in-house)
- Collaborate with social media team to coordinate messaging, consistency and event milestone marketing across channels
- Collaborate with audience development on event SEO and audience growth analytics
- Collaborate with editorial teams to cross promote valuable content from our publications
- Manage event blog & news strategy and execution – including blogging on an ongoing basis to support and promote events
- Document and develop a content marketing playbook & road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email
- Handle special digital marketing projects as needed
- Excellent storytelling skills that transcend a given medium. The person in this role should be skilled at translating concept and ideas into a variety of forms (text, images, video, etc)
- Experience producing digital content for the web, email and social media
- Excellent understanding of email marketing strategy and execution
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Graphic design (editing, resizing, cropping, color correcting images)
- 5+ years email and digital marketing in any direct response type organization (i.e. conversions and revenue matter)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent education
- Work remote
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Base + revenue goal-based bonuses
- Paid vacation and vacation stipend
- 401K after first year
Salary for this position will depend on experience and qualifications. Third Door Media offers full-time employees a 401k program and a generous paid time off policy.
How To Apply
Applicants must possess U.S. work rights/privileges.
We’ll accept applications from qualified candidates via email. You can be formal and send a resumé and cover letter if you want, or you can take the more casual route and just tell us what you think we should know about you. Either way, we’d like to know:
- Who you are and what you’re doing now
- Your background in journalism (if any)
- Your background in editing and writing (with samples, please)
- Why you think the position is a great fit for you
- Why you think you’re a great fit for us
Send your application to email@example.com, and be sure to put the name of the position as the subject of your email. We’re not going to put a specific deadline for this, but we do want to bring a great person on board as soon as possible. So, if you’re interested, don’t delay. We look forward to hearing from you!